Hello fellow energysharers
Here’s quick introduction to thePeoplesPower.co.uk and how you can help us to cut fuel poverty and the cost of household energy bills in a fair and sustainable way.
www.thePeoplesPower.co.uk is the first not for profit community interest company set up to help people get lower energy bills through the power of group bargaining. The concept is simple: by negotiating together we have the power to get a cheaper, fairer deal.
Sign up at www.thePeoplesPower.co.uk
Based on a collective switching model which was successful in the Netherlands, thePeoplesPower CIC is inviting households to come together and sign up for cheaper gas and electricity (there’s a green option too). Once up to 20,000 have signed up, we begin negotiations with energy companies, both large and small, to secure our members the cheapest deal.
Watch our short video which explains collective energy purchasing with thePeoplesPower in 1 minute.
At present we cover collective switching of
- mains gas
- and green electricity
- its completely free and there’s no obligation to accept any deal offered
- we’re not for profit and community focused – profits will go to community energy schemes
- we promote sustainability and offer a green tariff
- we’re committed to fighting fuel poverty - we collaborate with community organisations
- we’re transparent and impartial
- we have minimal running costs - maximum savings go to consumers (we charge a £2 referral fee to companies instead of the average fee of £40-£70)
- we’ve created a model that works for consumer and supplier - we cap switching numbers so all energy companies (large and small) can participate
What you can do:
- Sign up! - It’s simple and you’ve got nothing to lose
- Spread the word! - Tell your friends, colleagues, family and community
- Get involved! - We’re volunteers and can always do with some help, whether its promotion, technical, strategic or otherwise.
Sign up at www.thePeoplesPower.co.uk
Finally, we’re really interested in community stories, so please tell us your community energy story - how you formed, how you engaged your community, what differences you have made, whether you have enjoyed the journey etc. Get in touch via our website or thePeoplesPower energyshare page
- About how we’ve been endorsed by Consumer Focus and Ed Davey, MP http://www.thepeoplespower.co.uk/energy/secretary-state-energy-climate-change-collective-switching
- About thePeoplesPower.co.uk and its Community Interest Company set up: http://www.thepeoplespower.co.uk/community-interest-company/
- About how thePeoplesPower.co.uk is collaborating with Housing Associations: http://www.thepeoplespower.co.uk/energy/housing-associations-sign-up
- About thePeoplesPower.co.uk and our model: http://www.thepeoplespower.co.uk/how_to_get-lower_energy_bill/
- thePeoplesPower on energyshare http://www.energyshare.com/thepeoplespower/
More Stuff: Some articles on thePeoplesPower in the national press
- BBC Breakfast, Collective Switching and thePeoplesPower.co.uk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ_ijaJ1FgQ
- The Guardian, Which? Big Switch fails to attract Ecotricity: http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/mar/23/which-big-energy-ecotricity
- The Independent, The sad tale of high energy prices and mis-selling continues:http://www.independent.co.uk/money/spend-save/simon-read-the-sad-tale-of-high-energy-prices-and-misselling-continues-7624838.html
- The Daily Mail, Consumers invited to club together to get a cheaper energy deal and avoid the usual Big Six suspects: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2105496/Consumers-invited-club-cheaper-energy-deal.html#ixzz1uHRKJdXU