About this group
The Solar Clubwww.thesolarclub.co.uk
We support renewable energy projects and champion sustainability. We keep our Members connected and informed and give them the opportuntity to be involved either through volunteering or by investing with integrity in a green, ethical and profitable investment.
At the beginning of a Solar Club project, we’ll tell our Members how they can get involved.
- Each project needs funding – the minimum amount for a Member to invest is £500, so almost everyone can join in and the maximum is £500,000.
- Our calculator works out how much a Member could receive every year of investment and also shows a minimum total amount based on a 10% return and 20% tax relief from EIS. We have based our calculations on a 10% return because our Members are taking a risk.......... and we want to make sure that they are paid handsomely for their early stage support of a project.
- Renewable energy projects can be risky but we are taking all practical and reasonable steps to lessen the risk. Investing in any thing is a risk and Members should always get professional advice when considering any investment opportunity.
- We can’t forecast or guarantee that the calculated profits and returns shown on the calculator will be achieved but we have done a lot of sums and been advised by accountants, lawyers, financial advisers, HM Revenue & Customs and Financial Services Authority.
- When a Member invests in a project, they feel good because they are investing with integrity, knowing that their investment is supporting a sustainable resource that will help us all become greener.
By being involved
- Each project needs local support.
- Without the support of volunteers, some projects wouldn’t get off the ground. There are many reasons to volunteer.......... from using your skills and knowledge to benefit others and give something back to society, to making new friends and meeting people.
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience and developing existing skills and knowledge.
- Giving something back to an organisation that has impacted on a person's life, either directly or indirectly or the desire to make a difference to the lives of other.
Be an ambassador
- The Solar Club Ambassador – If you’ve already been inspired and are involved in the UK Green & Sustainable Sector, why not join our Ambassador network and together with us and our Partners help raise awareness about being Green & Sustainable by helping to organise and host events and information evenings in your Region. Interested?
- The Solar Club Apprentice - develop your knowledge about the UK Green & Sustainable Sector whilst improving your business skills and gaining essential work experience. We’ll show you how we run our Club and our business model and give you the confidence and experience to move forward in your career. Interested?
Be a champion
- Office Green Champions – Did you know that workplaces currently account for around 50 per cent of total UK carbon emissions? There are very easy and simple steps that businesses can take, that will change waste habits into saving habits! [and save your business money]. Join our Office Green Champions to raise awareness of environmental issues within our working lives. Interested?
- Community Green Champions – Can you help and inspire others in your community to be more environmentally sustainable? Do you want to find out how to set up a "green" project in your area and get real support, advice and training from experts? Join our Community Green Champions in their mission to build sustainable communities. Interested?
- Young Green Champions – Are you a young person who is passionate about being involved in UK Green & Sustainable projects in your Region? Our Partners are actively seeking young people to join their projects and really make a difference to the environment. Interested?