About this group
Thank you so much to all who voted and showed their support for North Devon Hospice to secure Energyshare funding.
Thanks to our supporters, our charity has secured an amazing £38,000 to install Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Panels at our site on the outskirts of Barnstaple. We have been humbled by the sheer volume of support we have received throughout this process and from across the country.
It’s such amazing news for the hospice and will mean we will conitnue to make a saving year on year and so they will continue to make a difference to every person and family member we support.
About our project
With Energyshare funding, we have installed an array of Solar PV Panels on the roof of our medical unit. The South facing roof will make the most of our glorious South West sunshine and the panels are expected to generate enough electricity to equate to a saving of £4,000 every year! However, in our first year we've been surprised!
Feasibility Study facts and stats:
- 42 Photovoltaics modules
- Energy generation calculated to be 8, 793 kWh
- Annual yield of 908.2 kWh/kWp
- CO2 saving of around 7,773 kg pa
- Financial saving calculated at approx. £4,000 pa
Year one facts and stats!
- Panels generated just over £10,000 worth of electricity!
- Financial savings will be directed back into patient care and support
- On-site energy generation provides a long-term and reliable solution to meet our future energy needs
- With significant electricity bills meeting the needs of our charity shops, administration, our medical unit, our day hospice facility and powering patient equipment et al; it will be supported by the solar array
- We welcome plenty of visitors everyday so North Devon Hospice can be a point of interest for the community, supporters and renewable enthusiasts
What we’ve been up to:
We keep taking steps to reduce our environmental impact, reduce costs for the benefit of the charity and do things to make a positive contribution in our community. There's plenty going on and it just keeps evolving. If you'd like to hear more about what we're up to, please check out our blog for the latest updates.
A bit about us:
North Devon Hospice is a registered charity providing free care and support to individuals and their families who are faced with the impact of a life-limiting illness.
When someone is diagnosed with a life-limiting illness life for that person and for those around them is never the same again. From diagnosis, a new journey begins. We believe in being there for all the family.
Through offering support and care to patients, their families and carers; our doctors, nurses, counsellors and therapists can offer what is needed at such a difficult time in life. All of our services are provided free of charge. We provide specialist palliative care from our 7-Bedded Unit at Deer Park and in the homes of our patients throughout the community.
It costs over £3 million to provide these vital services every year, supporting over 100 people everyday. We are incredibly grateful to our supporters who continue to make this possible.
You can read more about us in our Annual Review 2010-2011
North Devon Hospice, Deer Park, Newport, Barnstaple, North Devon, EX32 0HU
t: (01271) 344248 f: (01271) 347200